Slow Cooker BBQ Pork Steak and “Baked” Potatoes
I get a lot of use from my slow cooker, mostly during the Fall and Winter.
Even when it gets really hot and humid back here in North Iowa I use my slow cooker, it doesn’t heat up the house and saves my DH from the skeeters looking for a drink while he’s trying to grill!
Today I am trying something totally new to me…..making 2 ingredients in one slow cooker.
Of course I saw this on Pinterest, if there is anything, anyone has ever made, tried, consumed or dreamed of, it is on this site. Pretty handy if you have an ingredient and want to change it up!!
So this is basically pork steaks, simmered in a spicy BBQ sauce, then a layer of foil and scrubbed potatoes wrapped in foil are placed on top!!!
All this meal needs is a side of veggies or salad and it’s good to go!
- Preheat the oil in a large saute pan, coat the steaks in the flour and cook until lightly browned on both sides, about 4-5 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, mix BBQ sauce with Cajun seasoning, Cumin and Garlic Powder.
- Place browned steaks in the bottom of the slow cooker and coat with the BBQ sauce.
- Place a piece of foil loosely over the steaks and place the potatoes on top.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours.